Sunday, May 13, 2012

MOM.

Happy Mothers Day!

Moms are probably the single most important person in a girls life, and in a guys as well.  But I can only speak from the girls perspective, sorry guys!  From the day we are born we develop such a strong bond with our mother.  They shape us when we are children and even as we become tween, teens and young adults.  Obviously, and naturally mothers and daughters do not agree on everything, that is just how life is, but even those arguments and the fights, we always learn a lesson in the end.
Behind 'I hate you! This is so unfair!" said by ever teenage girl everywhere at some point will eventually mean "thank you for knowing what is best for me, for caring about me and loving me enough to have rules."

When I was in high school I HATED (of course I could never actually hate my mother) my mom sometimes because she gave me an early curfew and wasn't "cool".  But now, my twenty year old self understands why she did it.  She just had my best interest in mind.  And I appreciate that more than ever.  I had friends whose parents could have given a rats ass about how late their child was out, or who they were with and/or what they were doing.  Or they just wanted to be the "cool mom" or "cool dad."  I'll be the first to admit that I am doing a lot better than those friends are right now.

I am grateful that I have a mom that loves me so much, and cares about me as much as she does.  I do admit that at times she still is strict and can treat me like I'm twelve, but I would take that any day over a mother who doesn't care at all.

Love your mother, and tell her you do every day.  Respect your mother, and she will respect you.  Obey your mother, and you will be rewarded.  Listen to your mother, she actually knows what she is talking about (usually).

Enjoy this lovely day in New England! I know I am! :)

S

No comments:

Post a Comment